Guess everyone from the 80s and 90s is familiar with the name Metal Slug, as it has appeared in not only PlayStation, but also PC subsequently with multiple versions and series. The game play is fun and impressive, despite with only 2D graphics.
previous walkthrough post. This time, you are not controlling the solo character. Instead, you are going to summon the units tactfully to destroy the enemies tower. The more stages you clear, the more unit types you will unlock.
Currently, here are the stages(and areas) that i have cleared in the Metal Slug Defense:
1. Southeast Asia (4/4 stages)
2. East Asia (4/4 stages)
3. Africa (4/4 stages)
4. Central Asia (4/4 stages)
5. DR Moureau's Island (5/5 stages)
6. Oceania (4/4 stages)
7. North American Southern (4/4 stages)
8. South America (5/5 stages)
9. North Asia (5/5 stages)
10. South Africa (4/4 stages)
11. Western Europe (3/3 stages)
12. (Final) North American Northern (4/4 stages)
13. (Emergency) West Asia (4/4 stages)
14. Currently, there are 2 Complete World Maps + 1 Map (only 2 areas)
When will the Emergency Areas be unlocked?
Emergency Areas Start at 12pm, 6pm and 10pm daily. Each time it lasts for 1 hour. So, if you start playing at 12.15pm, you would have 45 minutes left. Save more sorties points before the Emergency Areas are opened.
Basically, it isn't hard to defeat the enemies as you are able to upgrade each unit character through the "Home Customize" and "Unit Customize" option. More often than not, if you can't pass through a certain stage, you may just farm through the previous stages to obtain more MSP for the unit upgrade purposes.
Everything is clear until one thing - POW (Prisoners of War). The POW is the main variation of the Metal Slug Defense Game. According to the statement from the game, you "might" be able rescue the POW. It doesn't display clearly how exactly we are able to rescue them. This intrigues us: "How to assure that we can rescue the POW prisoners in each stage?"
From observation so far, I couldn't have a firm stand on this. But as experimented, it seems that every stage might have different 'condition' before you are able to rescue POW. For example, in the stage 1 of Southeast Asia, you can't rescue the prisoner (probably) if you use the bomb skill of the solder. Also, to rescue the two prisoners in the stage 4, you have to make sure there is no unit being sacrificed. Here you have 2 choices, either defeat the enemy tower before it launches the laser (which kill everyone on the path), OR you only summon the troops/units AFTER the first laser (such that you could destroy the enemy before its second launch!
- Units variations: Maybe some stages require certain units ONLY. If you summon others, you might fail the mission.
- Resources consumption: The lesser units you summon to defeat a stage, the higher possibility you rescue the prisoner.
- Casualties: The lesser sacrifice of your units, the higher the chance to rescue the prisoner. Moreover, some may require the Home Tower to remain intact after the attacks.
The POW rescue is not a myth anymore. To raise the chances of saving the POWs, you may refer to those hidden conditions here. Different areas/stages have different conditions to meet with.
In case you have any idea, kindly drop some comments here.
There is something for sure, this Metal Slug Defense game is worth a try~
1. Metal Slug Defense New Missions V1.4.0
2. Metal Slug Defense Daily Boss Challenge
3. Metal Slug Defense Wi-Fi VS Mode
4. Metal Slug Defense World 3 V1.4.0
5. Metal Slug Defense World 3 V1.5.0 - Southern Brazil and China
6. Metal Slug Defense New Missions V1.5.0
7. Metal Slug Defense Wi-Fi VS Mode V1.5.0 - 2 VS 2
8. Metal Slug Defense New Missions V1.6.0
9. Metal Slug Defense World 3 V1.6.0 - Canada, Australia and Central Africa
10. Metal Slug Defense Fourth Map V1.8.0
11. Metal Slug Defense Fourth Map POW Rescue V1.8.0
12. Metal Slug Defense V1.8.0 - Which unit is the strongest now?